Submitted By: toticalguy
Great pancake recipe. Relatively healthy recipe compared to most out there. Kids love them. You can add some pureed fruit ...
Great pancake recipe. Relatively healthy recipe compared to most out there. Kids love them. You can add some pureed fruit (pear) if you want to make it even healthier.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 cups buttermilk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, white sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix together.
- 2. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Mix together.
- 3. Add the flour mixture to buttermilk mixture and blend until the dry ingredients have been absorbed. It's ok for it to be a little lumpy.
- 4. Preheat pan or griddle to medium low while letting the pancake mixture sit(letting the mixture sit while preheating the pan or griddle is an important step!).
- 5. Once pan is ready, scoop 1/4 cup of batter into the pan, forming a circle. Let it cook until bubbles in center began to pop (approximately 4-5 mins). Flip and cook on other side for another 4-5 mins.
- 6. Serve immediately!
- 7. Hint: These are great to make in large batches. You can freeze them and warm them up in the toaster as needed. Quick and easy for fast breakfast.
There are no reviews for this recipe