CHATROOM RULES & ETIQUETTE
Here are a few rules to follow when chatting on the totical.com:
1. Please be respectful to other chatters. If someone is disrespectful to you, we suggest you ignore them, instead of arguing with them. Avoid the use of language or attitudes which may be offensive to others.
2. When you enter a new room, take a few minutes to get a feel for the climate of the room before jumping in. If you do not like the room, simply go to another.
3. Remember that you are not anonymous. Most chat rooms keep files of all interactions. When you log on the chat server it has a record of what your IP is. Remember that no chat is private. The chat server keeps files and can identify your IP. They can forward the files to your ISP who can pinpoint the exact address of where the PC he/she was using is located.
4. Address the person by their nickname or handle when chatting. People cannot make eye contact in these rooms so it can get confusing if you are not clear about who you are directing the message to.
5. Use CAPS only for emphasis. Constant "shouting" can be annoying.
6. If you want your personal information to remain private, make sure that your totical profile is not open to the public.
7. Users in chat may insult or verbally abuse you. In fact, there are many instances where a user joins chat rooms just to annoy others. While your instinct may be to fire back, try to restrain yourself from doing so.
8. Respect and welcome all newcomers to the chat. Remember, you were once a "newbie".
9. Most importantly, enjoy your time in the chat rooms and never take things too seriously. Chat etiquette is something we all should use.
10. Remember that only users aged 18 and less can access the teen chat rooms. If you are over 18, you will not have access.
11. Never arrange to meet someone offline, this can be very dangerous. If you must, then go accompanied (if you are under 18 by your parent); and meet in a public place.
12. Report to a moderator or Admin if someone or something makes you worried or uncomfortable at this site.